Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

7 Deadly Sins Project

So I'm definitely one for thinking out of the box. I think it's the only way to truly mold your creativity or anything really! :) 
So I know that the 7 deadly sins is a very common project for many photographers, but I think it's a good idea for me. I have never done a full series before and this has the potential to be an extremely useful learning experience! Of course, my need to be different is driving me insane as I'm paranoid I'm being too 'normal'. Then I thought to myself, the 7 deadly sins project is popular because it's something that you can mold into your own, even if the idea is the same. 
With that idea, I started to think less about being 'unique' and more about how I wanted to portray my ideas through the pictures. Now I have a concept forming, I don't know if all of my models will be very accepting of the location I have chosen, but we'll see. :) 
In case you didn't know, here are the 7 deadly sins and brief definitions (if I'm wrong on any of these, please correct me!):


1) Sloth: Not living up to ones full potential; extreme laziness. 
2) Wrath: Purest form of anger.
3) Gluttony: Over-indulging; eating/consuming more than one needs.
4) Greed: Excessive desire, usually for material items. 
5) Lust:  a passionate or overmastering desire or craving
6) Pride: Self-absorbed; High opinion of ones own dignity.
7) Envy: Being jealous of someone else and wanting to rid them of their fortune.


This is going to be a bit of a lengthy project as I want to wait until I get my new lens (April 3rd) :D, then have a sort of birthday photo shoot! :) I have 5 of the 7 models set in stone, I still have to ask the other two :P 


Also, yes, lust was something I thought (and am still thinking) long and hard about, it will not be sleazy or anything like that. :) 


I have a lot of ideas going through my head right now for this project, but I want to keep them all locked away until I'm sure they will work :D

3 comments:

  1. It sounds so amazing...cant wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it wasn't original, you never fail to make it so! Thinking long and hard about lust is a good idea... c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys :)
    I'm really planning this out. I love the process! :D

    ReplyDelete