Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Remember When?

So I just got home after a rather l  o  n  g day.
But it was amazing!

So the other day I went on a field trip with my art class to this magical land called George Ranch. I was SUPER excited when I found out what this place was all about! I had my camera and my SD cards, my flash and all my accessories I might need... I was set!

...Except when I went to take my first picture and my camera died...
Aren't I a genius? :)

Anyways, I went back again today so I could get pictures for the class.... I'm so glad my camera died! The first time was great, but this time was great too in different ways! My mom and I walked around on our own, so we weren't under a time constraint or anything... the only thing was that this swarm of photographers came along too... not that I mind other photographers... but some of them were so bleh. The guy actually said that many photographers come along and just take pictures and don't even talk... I find that sad. :( The place is so interesting! How could you not want to talk to people?!

So let me give you a rundown on what this place actually is:

The ranch is a working 23,000 acre ranch, it's MASSIVE. Inside this ranch, are four time periods: 1830's, 1860's, 1930's, and 19...something's. The people who work there dress/act/and live in the time period while they are on the ranch. The first guy I met in the first time period said it perfectly:

























"From 7 A.M. to 6 P.M. weekdays and Saturday I live and work in the 1830's. The rest of the time, I'm a husband and a dad to three wonderful kids." 

Now that you have a basic idea... time for photos! 8D

The main issue I ran into while taking photos was that I couldn't really see my screen while reviewing photos (the sun was really bright), so quite a few of them came out just a tad more exposed than I would like. Not overexposed, but what ever. :)

We skipped the 1860's accidentally :( But here is the 1830's :)

1830's


This is actually one of my favoutite pictures... I mean it's nothing special... but something about the hanging fabric and messed up bed just... ahh I don't know. Just enjoy the stupid thing x]
This was their bed in the 1860's!




I really really love how the wide angle distorted the... the... the thinggy that covers the window. I think it adds some character to the photo :) 







ahhh I can NOT decide which one I like better! I quite like them both! I think the second one is a bit creepier though... Hm...




Just a picture I took of some wicker :P I know it's simple but I really like it! This isn't actually the better one, this one has a glare. But I'm far too lazy to upload it again, so you'll just have to deal ;)

1930's 

This house was so pretty! even though there was no AC, I could have lived there. I don't use mine anyways xP




My favourite part about this time period and house is the lace curtains! They made for some of my favourite photos! Like the second window picture. I saw the piece of curtain flying and I thought it looked so pretty...


More flying lace...



This is by far one of my favourites. I think it's such an interesting picture... I love how it's framed with the lace. What this is is a window that was partial open, the lace was flying out like in the last picture but this is an inside view. :)  The roof is a cover over the walkway that connected the kitchen/dining room area to the main house. :)





This is inside the children's room. Don't ask me why I like it, I just do! :)
Did you know that the saying "sleep tight" actually came from this time period? You can't see it here, but the beds are held up by ropes, rather than boards. Every night before they went to bed they had to make sure the ropes were pulled tight, or else they may end up on the floor! :P So every night, people made sure to say "Sleep tight" :).




I wanted to take that top hat home with me!!!!


Again, I like the distortion. :) I know it's very subtle, but it's enough. Also, ignore my knee ;)








Now, on a side note...
A foal was just born at my stables!!!! :D!!!
Her name is Fiera (isn't it a pretty name?), and her mom is HUGE!! Her mom is stunning as well, and is owned by Sandra, the owner of the stables. :)


Kisses from Sandra <3




Big mama!







And this is the horse that I lease, Katy She's the best! 








...To put Charisma's (the mom) size in perspective, here is a picture of Sandra next to her:

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures and a fun...tiring but fun...day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing photo haven. I would love to visit there one day.
    Nice photos, i agree with the curtain shot, it is very 3 dimensional as well. great post Emma Lee, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is!! The whole time I was there I was thinking "Mrs. Kent would loooove this!". There were so many photo opportunities, and the people who worked there were happy to help you in any way :)... but they also said that they hated it when grumpy photographers come along and just ask them to pose, then leave :/ You learn a lot while you're there. :)
    Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can nicely write on similar topics! Welcome to here you'll find out how it should look. apartment photography

    ReplyDelete