Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Beginnings

I'm sure going through a lot of those lately... but I'm enjoying the adventure :)



So much has happened and I'm just so excited!

For starters, my brother decided to get old and graduate... and now he's driving AND going to college... who would have thunk?
So I just got my new lights in and I couldn't be happier! I would describe them as... sort of entry level studio strobes? I guess... Anyways, they work for what I want, and not at a bad price either (they also came with stands and umbrellas). I actually wanted to get the umbrellas separately, but it was cheaper this way, and I can always DIY it ;)
I also bought a new lens! The 70-300mm f4.5-5.6. I was dying for a better zoom lens (mainly for horses), and considering I can certainly NOT afford the 70-200mm f.2.8, I just figured I'd settle with this lens until I can afford something better ;). It works for me for now anyways!
Anyhooo, for the picture above of my brother and I, I used one Delicacy 180 strobe with an umbrella to our right. I would have liked a reflector or something to brighten up that bottom corner, but I loved the picture too much not to post it!

Poor thing never saw it coming... muahahahaha


So aside from everyone getting old on me, I went on a road trip with my mom and Vance! It was actually my first road trip that I will really remember... and I loved every second of it. I would post more pictures... but this thing is so slow I just can't.

This is from Niagara Falls at night...


I know it doesn't exactly look like Niagara Falls, but I got some photos that you can really tell what it is, and I just don't like them as much. I like this sort of abstract, smokey image. This was the last picture I took, actually... the tour bus was leaving and I decided I could squeeze in one more long exposure shot... so I did!
I had it set to bulb mode, on a tripod, with a cable release. I took about 2 seconds on the actual waterfall, then I decided to do something random and pan over to the lights that were illuminating the waterfalls. The end result was this! I really like it because of where the lights ended up... I just think it adds something to it.

Then we had to take the scenic route home, and we drove along Blue Ridge Parkway... Which was amazing, beautiful, and terrifying all at the same time!

Here are some from that:



Wow, I really uploaded nothing from BRP o.O Oh well. Funny story about these butterflies, actually...

So all over the parkway were these trails that you could hike to go see various sights, and my brother and I decided to take the one that led to a really cool waterfall. It was all going great, really enjoying the sights... until Vance hears the creek. We kinda took a detour off the trail to go check it out, and it was just a wonderful creek! It was like I was looking at a moving picture from the magazines. I got some good pictures (which I'm too lazy to upload :/), but I decided oh hey! Wouldn't it be an AMAZING idea to walk on the stones in the creek and get some shots like that? :D 
Well it seemed like it, until I slipped and my camera hit the water. Luckily for me, it just barely got wet... but it got wet enough to scare me. The camera was just fine, but the lens (I was using my kit lens) decided to stop working. The camera began to act as if it wasn't there... which scared me. We got back to the car and I switched lenses sadly, but just after I did that we stopped at a lookout point where there were these most beautiful butterflies nomming on some flowers. It was actually my first butterfly/flower shots... so I was excited! I really liked the results :) 

Anyways, just a short update! :D 

I'm such a horrible blogger ! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment